Welcome to Jackson Electric Cooperative!
New residential member applications can be completed online by using our SmartHub portal. After successful completion of your membership application, a representative from Jackson Electric will complete an identity verification report. Following the results of this report, we will contact you with the status of your membership. Please request your service transfer at least five days in advance.
Please note: Emails are not secure transmissions. Please do not send account numbers, social security numbers, date of birth, or any other information you would like to keep private to Jackson Electric Cooperative. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a secure membership application.
To protect your identity, each applicant and/or co-applicant's identification will be verified. The following options are available:
- Jackson Electric will perform an identity verification and credit check to determine whether a security deposit is required. A $350 security deposit may be required. Deposit is returned after 12 consecutive months of payments without delinquency.
- If Applicant declines the credit check, the following options are available:
- Pay the $350 security deposit. Deposit is returned after 12 consecutive months of payments without delinquency; or
- Agree to enroll in Jackson Electric's auto pay program; or
- Submit a credit reference letter of good standing from Applicant's most recent electric utility.
Applicant will be billed a processing fee of $15.