Toll-Free Outage Only Number: 855.222.DARK (3275)
When Your Power Goes Out:
- Check fuses or circuit breakers.
- If you are still without power after checking fuses and circuits, check with your neighbors to determine if they have power.
- Report the outage at 855.222.3275. This is our toll-free outage only number.
- Keep away from downed power lines and power poles. Do not clear trees and branches near power lines.
Our Goal is to Restore Power to the Greatest Number of Members as Safely and Quickly as Possible:
- We respond to hazards that are an immediate threat to public safety, such as power lines on roads.
- In the case of a large power outage, local distribution substations are checked. If the problem can be corrected at the substation, power is restored to hundreds of members at one time. Jackson Electric Cooperative does not own the transmission lines that feed to the substations. When there is a transmission line fault, our crews work with either Dairyland Power Cooperative or Xcel Energy crews to restore power.
- Major distribution lines that carry electricity from the substation to members are repaired and power is restored to all members served by these lines.
Prepare for Severe Weather and Power Outages by Planning Ahead:
- Organize a survival kit that includes a hard-wired phone or cell phone, battery-powered radio, clock or watch, flashlight, extra batteries, tap or botttled water, nonperishable food, manual can opener, first-aid supplies, medicines, matches or lighter, candles, and a fire extinguisher.
- If you require electricity to operate lifesaving medical equipment, please have a backup plan in place.
- Protect valuable electronics and appliances with surge suppression devices and uninterrupted power supply (UPS) systems.
- Have a plan in place for loss of power on your farm or business.